Sheng Hua Soup ?????is a traditional Chinese herbal formula widely consumed by Asian women right after delivery. This traditional Chinese herbal formula; which is prepared in the form of soup, aids in the expulsion of toxins, the discharge of lochia and the revitalization of Qi and blood.
Due to the taxation of giving birth, the body will be deficient in both Qi and blood. And it is these deficiencies that allow wind to invade the body causing postpartum cold and blood stasis.
Sheng Hua Soup?????can be translated as “Generating and Transforming Decoction”, it can also be defined as “Transforming” the old and “Generating” the new. “Transforming” represents the purification process (whereby toxins are expelled) and the restoration of the uterus to its original state. “Generating” represents the nourishment of the body to replenish nutrients, blood and Qi.
Sheng Hua Soup?????is also able to treat conditions such as the retention of placental fragments within the uterus, lochioschesis, painful postpartum uterine contractions and chronic endometritis.
During the first week of the confinement period, it is vital the women who have just given birth pay close attention to the purification of the toxins and the replenishment of nutrients for the body.
Sheng Hua Soup?????plays a key part in helping postpartum women start their path to restoring their bodies to a healthy and sound state.
Sheng Hua Soup?????Sheng Hua Soup (???) Consists of:
- Szehuan Lovage Root (Chuan Xiong) ??
- Semen Persicae (Tao Ren) ??
- Sliced Chinese Angelica (Dang Gui)???
- Roasted Licorice Root (Zhi Gan Cao) ???
- Chinese Motherwort (Yi Mu Cao) ???
- Blast-fried Ginger (Pao Jiang) ???
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Hong Hua) ??
Sheng Hua Soup (???) Benefits:
- It helps to clear lochia after childbirth and prevents uterine tumors from developing.
- Szehuan Lovage Root (Chuan Xiong) improves the flow of Qi, blood flow and relieves pain.
- Semen Persicae (Tao Ren) is used as an anti coagulation, anti hypertensive, anti inflammation, detoxification, anti-allergenic agent and to relieve pain, constipation.
- Roasted Licorice Root (Zhi Gan Cao) invigorates Qi and nourishes Yin, promotes Yang and regulates pulse.
- Chinese Motherwort (Yi Mu Cao), if taken on a regular basis, improve abnormal menstrual cycles. Due to antispasmodic effects, Motherwort is helpful to restore uterine muscle tone after the childbirth. It may also have relaxing effects on the nervous system, it is very effective in physical as well as in emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and menopause. Motherwort is also used to improve circulation, lower blood lipids, and reduce platelet aggregation. (Not for pregnancy stage)